Director of Jewish Life
Jewish Life at 6 Points Sports Academy
6 Points Sports Academy is the first of its kind Jewish Sports Specialty camp in North America. Each day our Athletes will receive intensive instruction in their sport major as well as participating in sport electives for cross training and recreation. Our vision is to create a seamless integrated approach to Jewish life and learning at camp by incorporating the following components: Shabbat celebration, Tikkun Middot - Values-based curriculam, Judaic-themed experiential programs and Israeli culture.
The Director of Jewish Life will be instrumental in helping to establish camp culture, prayer experiences and articulating teachable moments. The Jewish Life Director should have a deep understanding of the mission and vision of the camp and its goals of creating a seamless integration of Jewish life and learning as it pertains to sports.
- Either be a graduate of/or student in graduate program of Jewish studies, Rabbinics or Jewish Education; or, have strong, proven track record of Jewish leadership and study.
- Possess extensive teaching and educational management experience from camps or youth programs.
- Ability to teach Jewish concepts to camp community.
- Ability to work well with Visiting Faculty.
- Possess creativity and energy, good organizational skills, Jewish literacy and knowledge.
Prior to camp
- In conjunction with the Camp Directors, play an active role in helping to shape the vision for Jewish education at camp
- Help create a vision for the role of worship at camp that fits in to the Camp culture and worship goals
- Develop Jewish Values Curriculum to be implemented at camp
- Play a role in all aspects of camp life, actively seeking to bring Judaism to life
- Serve as Faculty Liaison and Coordinator
- Supervise the Camp Songleader(s)
- Responsible for all worship services – daily worship, as well as the Shabbat experience.
- Responsible for making sure worship experiences are diverse and inspiring, and meet the camp’s worship goals
- Responsible for seeking out opportunities to include campers and staff in worship planning
- Oversee the Bar/Bat Mitzvah Tutoring program
- Assist in measuring success of methods and outcomes implemented