Come spend your summer at 6 Points Sports Academy, based on the gorgeous campus of the American Hebrew Academy in Greensboro, NC. 6 Points is creating life-changing summers and intensive sports training for young Jewish athletes from across North America and the world, and we would love to have you share in this experience.
We are looking for an experienced RN to complete our summer staff. Qualifications: Experience in school, camp or pediatric nursing and hands-on experience working with children aged 10– 18 years, preferred. Good pediatric assessment skills, flexibility, the ability to work well with a team, and the ability to make independent decisions are essential. Current North Carolina license as an RN (or ability to obtain) and current CPR certification are required.
All of our facilities including health center and athletic training room are modern; air conditioned, wifi- enabled and well equipped to meet the daily demands of our campers and staff. A full time Certified Athletic Trainer also serves on our medical team. We have private living quarters with private bath for our Nurse. Our Kosher dining hall serves up 3 fantastic meals each day.
Please contact us if you have children that you would like to attend as campers. We pay a competitive salary, full room and board, travel allowance and your North Carolina nursing license fees.
We hope that you will find 6 Points a great place to work, and look forward to hearing from you. Please contact our Camp Director, Randy Colman at firstname.lastname@example.org, and go to our website www.6pointsacademy.org for more information.
The Role: Camp nurses are required to:
- Schedule and supervise the dispensing of regular medications and the operation of a daily sick call
- Be on call at specific times of the day and night
- Provide expertise and/or refer matters to physicians in regards to medical issues
- Keep a permanent Health Center log on a daily basis
- Keep and maintain all health records in good order, updating them as required
- Follow the standing orders of the camp physician
- Coordinate financial matters, in coordination with the camp office, relating to the Health Center, including insurance claims and billing to parents