Music at 6 Points Sports Academy
6 Points Sports Academy is the first of its kind Jewish Sports Specialty camp in North America. Each day our Athletes receive intensive instruction in their sport major as well as participating in sport electives for cross training and recreation. At 6 Points, music is one of the tools we use to create a seamless integration Jewish life and learning with sports.
A staff member at 6 Points must first and foremost be a positive Jewish role model who enjoys being with, and providing guidance to, children. A staff member must have a well-developed sense of responsibility with good judgment and common sense because he/she has a significant impact on each camper's summer experience.
The song leader will be instrumental in helping to establish camp culture and ruach through music during prayer experiences, song sessions, daily electives and other special events. The song leader should have a deep understanding of the mission and vision of the camp and its goals of creating a seamless integration of Jewish life and learning as it pertains to sports.
· Knowledge of Reform Jewish music repertoire – liturgy, shira, etc.
· Extensive previous song leading and service leading experience required
· Experience in camp and NFTY settings preferred
· Must enjoy working with teens children and young adults
· Prior experience with song and service leading
· Extensive knowledge and experience with audio visual equipmentsetup and maintenance
· Willingness to help out in all aspects of camp program as necessary
- Collaborate with Director of Jewish Life, visiting faculty and artists in residence to providing music during all worship services including Shabbat experiences.
- Responsible for making sure worship experiences are diverse and inspiring, and meet the camp’s worship goals.
- Provide music for a variety of special events including morning stretch, opening ceremonies, song sessions and camp fires
- Create and implement a curriculum for daily music elective
- Set up and maintain audio/visual equipment for each use
- Serve as a liaison for visiting artists in residence